- Install, maintain, modify, and repair all mechanical pipe installations utilizing PVC pipe and tubing.
- Measure and cut various sizes of pipe and tubing to required angle\length using pipe power tools.
- Threading and assembling of all types of pipe and tubing including PVC, Copper, and Black Pipe.
- Prepare, fabricate, install and fit pipe to specification.
- Install valves, hangers, supports and flanges in mechanical piping systems according to plans applicable specification.
- Adhere to all quality and safety codes ensuring a zero accident philosophy is incorporated into all aspects of construction operations.
- At least 3+ years of mechanical pipe fitting
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Familiar with basic construction codes and safety regulations
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skill
- Must be conscientious about safety at all time
- Excellent hand/eye coordination
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to read measurements and use basic math skills
Physical Requirements of Position:
- This position is required to do extensive walking through factory environment production areas.
- Must have the ability to independently lift and carry objects safely that weigh up to 20 lbs. routinely, 50 lbs. frequently, and 80 lbs. occasionally
- Possess the ability to work skillfully with both hands constantly
- Ability to climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolding
- Ability to work from extreme heights